How will Walmart compete with Amazon?
Last Updated: January 26, 2017
Ask any marketplace seller; Walmart's marketplace was by far the most exciting development in US ecommerce in 2016.
- Walmart already has a major online presence -- 29 million monthly unique visitors which trails only Google, Amazon, and eBay. Monthly unique visitors by sales channel
- Walmart generated over $17B in free cash flow over the last 12 months -- if they're serious about building a marketplace (which they are), they have the resources to do so.
- Walmart's Marketplace team has shown an impressive startup-like ability to move quickly, and has provided Zentail with robust web services and prioritized support to ensure your retail business gets up and running quickly with optimized listings.
- The acquisition of Jet.com is a perfect complement to the Walmart brand for younger shoppers. Jet's Smart Cart technology should bring innovation and cost savings to the Walmart.com shopping experience.
- Walmart has the distribution infrastructure to roll out an equivalent to FBA which should create parity with Amazon's service level capability.
We're happy to share our insights with you, contact us through our chat feature for more information.