Ever wonder how to achieve Top Rated and Top Rated Plus seller status on eBay US (
Top Rated Sellers must meet requirements in the following performance areas:
- Transaction defect rate
- At least 100 transactions with US buyers over the most recent 12-month period.
- At least $1,000 in sales with US buyers over the most recent 12-month period.
- Valid tracking for 95% of orders over the last 3 months. Tracking info must be uploaded within your promised handling timeframe.
- 1 business day handling time => upload tracking by 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time the next business day.
- Same business day handling time => upload tracking by 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time the next business day and the tracking number must have at least one carrier scan recorded within your promised handling timeframe.
Orders fulfilled via Amazon FBA Multichannel Fulfillment increasingly have invalid tracking (i.e. Amazon Logistics shipments are not trackable), so sellers that rely on FBA need to consider other fulfillment options in order to achieve and maintain Top Rated Seller status. We believe eBay drives traffic to sellers who do not use FBA.
Transaction Defect Rate
The following are considered defects:
- Late shipments.
- Cancellation by seller.
- Money Back Guarantee or Purchase Protection cases closed without resolution.
- Maximum of 3% of orders shipped late or delivered late.
- Maximum of 0.5% of orders with one or more defects over evaluation period.
- Maximum of 0.3% of orders where eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection cases are closed without seller resolution.
The evaluation period for transaction defects is either 3 or 12 months depending on order volume above or below 400 over the last 3 months.
Top Rated Plus
Top Rated Plus sellers qualify for commission discounts. To qualify, you need to be a Top Rated seller and your listings must:
- Provide a 30-day (or longer) money-back return policy
- Provide Same Day or 1-Business Day handling time